Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunter Macros and Tactics.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nasgul

Nasgul

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Hunter Macros and Tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Hunter Macros and Tactics.   Hunter Macros and Tactics. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 4:18 am

This is a compendium of commonly used and useful hunter macros. I'll start with the few that I've seen and made. Please give me more if you have them.

Notice: Any time you see (Rank X) in a macro, you will have to alter it to the rank number of the skill that you currently have. You will also have to alter it to use the highest rank of the skill every time you upgrade it.

I found this one in a different thread. It will mark a target and simultaneously send your pet in to attack.

/cast Hunter's Mark()
/script PetAttack();

This will target your pet's target. I find this fairly useful when using a pet to off-tank in a dungeon once you've finished off the main target. Especially if you're the MA and you need to select a new target very quickly.

/script AssistUnit("pet")

I replaced the Scatter Shot button on my action bar with this. It basically recalls your pet and fires a scatter shot. This way your pet won't attack the dazed target and break it. Works nicely.
This is now built in to the pet AI and is no longer necessary.

/script PetPassiveMode();PetFollow();end;
/cast Scatter Shot

This should replace your FD button. This will cast feign death as well as giving a message in party chat notifying your poor stressed out healer that you are not actually dead. They will appreciate it. You can change /p to /ra for a raid party if you want.

/cast Feign Death
/p ***Feigning Death***

Replace your Hunter's Mark button with this one. It will cast AotH if it's not active, otherwise it will cast Hunter's Mark on your target and command your pet to attack. IF you so desire, you can remove the PetAttack(); to make it just cast mark.

/script local u=0,b,z;z=''; repeat b=GetPlayerBuffTexture(u);if(b==nil)then break end; z=z..b; u=u+1;until u==15;if(string.find(z,'Raven'))then CastSpellByName ("Hunter's Mark");PetAttack();else CastSpellByName ("Aspect of the Hawk");end

This does the same as the last one, but is a bit cleaner. It also takes up less space, so you have a little room to add more if you would like. (aethyal)
note: This macro will do nothing if you don't have at least 1 buff on. So the first buff after dying needs to be done manually.

/script local i = 1 while (UnitBuff("player",i)) do if (string.find(UnitBuff("player", i),"Raven")) then CastSpellByName ("Hunter's Mark") PetAttack() break end; i = i + 1 CastSpellByName ("Aspect of the Hawk") end

This checks for AotM and casts it if it's not active. It also activates melee attack mode and casts Raptor Strike.

/cast Attack
/script if (string.find(UnitBuff("player", 1), "Monkey")) then CastSpellByName ("Raptor Strike"); else CastSpellByName ("Aspect of the Monkey") end;

Basically it will cast distracting shot, then toggle the autocast on growl (If it's on it will turn off) and cower (same). I had it so that my pet would go to passive also, but then found I couldn't get hate off as easily if I wasn't using ranged combat. (aethyal)
I'm looking for a way to update this since TogglePetAutocast() has been depreciated. Anyone have any clues?

/cast Distracting Shot(Rank #)
/script TogglePetAutocast(#) -- Growl
/script TogglePetAutocast(#) -- Cower

This will cast Disengage and command your pet to growl simultaneously.

/cast Disengage
/cast Growl

To make a macro, follow these simple steps:
1) Type "/macro" to bring up the macros window.
2) Click "New".
3) Type in a name, and choose an icon. Then click "ok".
4) Type (or paste) the macro code into the text box.
5) You're done! The icon you chose should be in the window. You can drag it onto an action bar and use it by clicking on it.
Back to top Go down

Hunter Macros and Tactics.
Page 1 of 1